Are you a Rockland County resident who has published a book in the last 5 years? If so, you may be eligible to win the LARC Book of the Year Award! When you submit your work for consideration, it is read by a panel of judges; two submission are then sent to an esteemed local author for final selection. The winner will receive a cash prize AND copies of the book will be purchased and distributed to the 17 public libraries in Rockland County. To be considered, please read the submission guidelines below and complete the submission form before 8/29/19.
1. The author of the book must have been in residence at the time of the book’s publication date.
2. The publication date of the work must be between 6/10/14 and 6/10/19. Publication must consist of an e-book and/or physical copy available for purchase through a major vendor (i.e. Amazon, Barnes & Noble, or Powell Books).
3. Both traditional and self-published works will be considered.
4. The submission must consist of a completed application and either two physical copies of the book or one copy of the e-book that can be read by multiple people (no DRM).
5. The work must be submitted by the authors themselves. Third party recommendations will not be considered.
6. If a sufficient number of submissions are received, two awards will be given – Fiction and Non-Fiction. If still further submissions are received, awards will also be given for works for Children and Young Adults.
E-book submissions can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Hard-copies can be sent to: Book of the Year Award c/o LARC, PO Box 917, New City, NY 10956.
Interested parties should download and complete the submission form.
Applications must be postmarked by 8/29/19 to be considered for the 2019 Book of the Year Award.